Control Your Psoriasis In 60 Days! - Click here to get my Smart Psoriasis Diet Plan direct to your inbox
I have not tried making pancakes with other gluten free flours but I intend to try rice flour and coconut flour. However from an economical point of view, almond flour trumps coconut flour by a long way.
Pancakes are Cool!
- 1 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs, Pastured, whisked
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ghee, grassfed butter or coconut oil, for frying
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk two eggs.
- Pour almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, and eggs to the bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add water, and continue to stir.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter/ghee or coconut oil in a large non stick skillet.
- Using 1/8 cup, scoop batter into the frying pan, leaving enough space in between pancakes to flip.
- Cook 2 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook for a remaining 1-2 minutes. Add additional cooking fat as needed. (It helps to flip pancakes back and forth a bit to ensure they are cooked through.)
- Top with your choice of grass fed butter or coconut oil, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and serve.
I like to add some lemon juice on top of my pancakes with a small drizzle of honey buts that’s my preference. If you are starting out on a psoriasis friendly diet, then you would be best advised to refrain from honey for the first 6 weeks until you get your yeast overgrowth under control.
Many thanks again to primalpalate.com for this cool pancake recipe.