Control Your Psoriasis In 60 Days! - Click here to get my free Smart Psoriasis Diet Plan direct to your inbox
Just check out the picture below, doesn’t it just make your mouth water!
I always used Irish produced meat when I chow down on beef as I know it is grass fed and cows have lived a fairly stress free life ( I have numerous uncles who are Irish farmers). Obviously you can’t get Irish beef every where but a little investigative work on Google will point you in the right direction of your local grass fed beef producer/retailer.
I believe you can now order grass fed beef over the internet so also consider that as a viable option, just buy a large storage freezer and bulk buy.
Braised Beef Shanks Recipe (Nightshade Free)
- 4 Beef Shank
- 1½ Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 head Garlic, half the cloves smashed and chopped, the other half sliced in half
- 1 sprig Thyme, fresh
- ½ tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Water
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- Rinse shanks under cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat ½ tablespoon coconut oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Sear shanks in coconut oil 2-3 minutes per side, adding a bit more coconut oil to the skillet as needed for each additional shank.
- Place seared shanks in pyrex baking dish.
- Saute the smashed/chopped garlic,and thyme leaves in the skillet for about 1 minute.
- Add broth/water to skillet and stir making sure to scrape up any of the brown bits from the shanks on the bottom.
- Bring to a boil until liquid starts to reduce slightly.
- Place remaining garlic cloves and additional thyme springs in pan withs hanks.
- Pour broth over shanks.
- Cover with parchment paper and then aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Many thanks to primal palette for this this lovely simple recipe. Try serving on top of some mashed seasoned cauliflower!