Control Your Psoriasis In 60 Days! - Click here to get my free Smart Psoriasis Diet Plan direct to your inbox
Butternut Squash is a Autumn/Winter vegetable and is the perfect soup for when the days get shorter and the winter woolies are brought down from the attic. This meal takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is 30 to 40 minutes cook time. It isnt that difficult to make and all you really need implement wise is a food processor or just a strong food blender.
It offers the following nutritional benefits and tastes very similar to the more familiar pumpkin;
- Vitamin A – 297% RDA
- Vitamin C – 48% RDA
- Vitamin B6 – 10% RDA
- Mahnesium – 12% RDA
- Iron – 5% RDA
- Potassium – 14% RDA
- Daily fiber – 11% RDA
Nightshade free butternut squash soup
- 1 whole Butternut Squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 1 quart Chicken Stock, free range, organic,
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- Sauté chopped onion in coconut oil in a large pot.
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add chopped butternut squash to pot, and pour in broth.
- Boil the butternut squash in the broth until tender.
- Puree soup in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped walnuts.