Control Your Psoriasis In 60 Days! - Click here to get my Smart Psoriasis Diet Plan direct to your inbox
What do people that have psoriasis say? What do they think were their Psoriasis Causes? What event or occurance preceded their psoriasis? Below is a list that I put together of what causes psoriasis (both initial flare up and repeat flare ups).
Do they relate to your case or onset of psoriasis? Please let me know what triggered your flare up.
Psoriasis Causes or the Precedents of Psoriasis Appearance in Different People:
STRESS OR MENTAL TRAUMA CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after a divorce of parents.
- after a sudden death of a parent.
- after a loss of a few relatives at once.
- after a lot of stress, lack of sleep, and not eating right. Later stress may or may not coincide with psoriatic flares.
- after a birth of a child. (Possibly the stress and tiredness after having a baby).
- after coming out of the closet (admitting that you are gay).
- after worrying about something for months and sometimes in advance.
- after starting to go to high school and not liking it.
- after staying at a children’s camp and wanting to go home.
- after starting a very stressful job.
- after pulling a stressful all-nighter in college.
- after stress at war.
- after stress caused by being in cold water for a long time and waiting for rescue.
“HAPPY STRESS” CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after getting married.
- after being hired to a job of your dream.
PHYSICAL TRAUMA CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after a major surgery.
- after a car accident.
- after being scratched by a piece of wood.
- after breaking a leg when on the first year in the university – when the cast came off there was psoriasis underneath.
- after a child fell straight down on its head.
- after a major foot sweat.
- after wearing a chest protector sprayed with Fabreeze playing hockey.
INFECTIONS CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after tonsillitis.
- after strep throat.
- after strep throat and not finishing the medicines.
- after quitting smoking and then getting a strep throat.
- after chicken pox.
- after accidentally getting burned when using a heating pad during chicken pox. The blister burn turned to psoriasis.
- after HIV infection.
- after vaccination for diseases.
CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after moving from south Florida to north Florida.
- after moving from Indonesia to Lebanon.
- after moving from a dry, desert type climate to moist climate (possibly also due to an allergy to mould spores that live in moist climates).
- after relocation to any different climate ththansual.
BAD DIET OR DIET CHANGE CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after Atkins diet (with a lot of dairy and meat).
- after a strict vegan diet with a lot of nuts.
HORMONAL CHANGE CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after a birth of a child (sometimes second or third child).
- after puberty.
- after menopause.
DRUGS CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after taking a beta-blocker drug for heart problems.
- after a change of SSRI Zoloft (depression medicine).
- after taking lithium.
ALLERGY CAUSED PSORIASIS TO APPEAR AFTER…
- after allergy.
- after working with a moldy object taken from a damp basement.
- after starting to work out and swim.
- after an unexplained reason, i.e. with no reason at all (seems like genetics to me…)
- at birth – i.e. a person was born with psoriasis.
- in both sisters of different age. Both sisters were the same age when they got psoriasis.
- various relatives that also have or had psoriasis.
If you are serious about getting your psoriasis under control and would like to cook psoriasis-friendly meals but lacking ideas, check out my Smart Psoriasis Diet 30 Minute Meals recipe book.