Nightshade Free Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
According to wiki, the spaghetti squash is an oblong seed-bearing variety of winter squash. The fruit can range either from ivory to yellow or orange in color. The orange varieties have a higher carotene content. Its center contains many large seeds.
When raw, the flesh is solid and similar to other raw squash; when cooked, the flesh falls away from the fruit in ribbons or strands like spaghetti.
Baked Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Olive oil
- Garlic pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, remove the stem from the spaghetti squash.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, beginning at the top where the stem was.
- Scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil and season with garlic pepper and a bit of salt
- Place squash halves in the oven, and bake for 40 minutes, or until the squash easily shreds with a fork.
- Shred the squash using a fork, and serve.
Many thanks to primalpalate.com for this simple recipe idea.