Nightshade Free Black Bean Soup Recipe
It’s time for another soup recipe. I have never had black bean soup before but I do love chicken in black bean sauce so looking forward to giving this nightshade black bean soup recipe a try this winter. However instinctively I feel this is a more of a late spring, early summer type soup (if this type of soup category even exists:-) )
Nightshade free Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 ½ dried cups of black beans
- 2 limes (juice)
- 8 stalks of celery
- 1 large white onion (the one I used was very large, so you may need to use 2 regular sized)
- 1 small red onion
- ⅛ cup cilantro (chopped)
- few green onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- about 8 cups water (or more if needed)
- ½ – ¾ tbsp cumin
- ¼ – ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tbsp dried mustard
- Soak the beans then cook
- In a food processor chop onions & celery.
- Place in skillet and saute till onions are cooked.
- Add garlic to pan when onions are near cooked.
- Place beans and water in pot with salt. Add the cooked onions, celery, garlic chopped cilantro, seasonings, and juice of one lime.
- When ready to serve, squeeze lime over individual bowls and top with cilantro if desired.