Nightshade Free Black Bean Soup Recipe
Nightshade free Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 ½ dried cups of black beans
- 2 limes (juice)
- 8 stalks of celery
- 1 large white onion (the one I used was very large, so you may need to use 2 regular sized)
- 1 small red onion
- ⅛ cup cilantro (chopped)
- few green onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- about 8 cups water (or more if needed)
- ½ – ¾ tbsp cumin
- ¼ – ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp turmeric
- ¼ tbsp dried mustard
- Soak the beans then cook
- In a food processor chop onions & celery.
- Place in skillet and saute till onions are cooked.
- Add garlic to pan when onions are near cooked.
- Place beans and water in pot with salt. Add the cooked onions, celery, garlic chopped cilantro, seasonings, and juice of one lime.
- When ready to serve, squeeze lime over individual bowls and top with cilantro if desired.