Nightshade Free Chicken Liver and Onions Recipe
My father used to cook lamb liver twice a week for breakfast when I was a kid. Only last week he visited me and I asked about his love of liver and does he still eat it regularly. He stated that he thinks it caused his heart attack and has stopped eating it.
I then said to him, “Maybe the 50 cigarettes a day for 40 years, the 3 spoons of sugar 10 times a day in his mugs of tea and the number of fried slices of bacon consumed in his lifetime may have been a bigger issue!”
Chicken Liver and Onions Recipe (Nightshade Free)
- 1 Tbsp Duck Fat
- ¼ Onion, sliced
- 4 oz Chicken Livers, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Heat duck fat over medium heat.
- Thinly slice the onion, and add the the pan.
- Saute onion over medium heat until it becomes translucent.
- Rinse livers under cold water and pat dry.
- Chop livers into large chunks and add to pan with the onions.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Saute liver and onions until livers are slightly pink in the middle, and the onions are caramelized.
Many thanks to primal palette for this simple and quick breakfast, lunch or dinner option!