Nightshade Free Coconut Curry Shrimp
Coconut will become your go to item when you start to alter your diet to control your psoriasis. Not only is it great to cook food in (coconut oil) and to drink (coconut milk or water), it is also the perfect moisturizer (extra virgin coconut oil).
In this meal curry powder is obviously required so here is a nightshade free curry mix to use.
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp each cumin, coriander, cilantro, and ginger
- 1/2 tsp each ground mustard and cardamom
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper, cinnamon, and clove
Coconut Curry Shrimp (Nightshade Free)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown, wholegrain or wild rice
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minute or until softened. Add cumin, coriander and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute Add coconut milk and Wasabi. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 minute.
- Add shrimp. Raise heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, about 6 minute until shrimp is cooked through.
- Add organic honey, stir. Cook for 1 minute until sauce is bubbly.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving over rice.
Many thanks to food.com for the idea for this meal.