Nightshade Free Grilled Split Chicken Breasts
Grilled Split Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 lb Chicken Breast, 2 split breasts, bone in and skin on
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Rinse chicken under cold water and set aside.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully lift the skin from the breast creating a pocket.
- Place the garlic, lemon, and shallot under the skin, and stretch the skin a bit to cover the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts on grill, bone side down and cook for 10–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- Carefully flip the chicken, grill for 5–7 minutes on breast side.
- If the chicken needs to cook longer than this time, flip it back to the bone side, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until meat is white (or 165°F in the thickest part of the breast).
Many thanks to primal palate for the recipe idea.