Nightshade Free Lemon Garlic Roasting Chicken Recipe
This lemon garlic roasted chicken recipe is a perfect way to enjoy this feathered food source. I just read an article which made me laugh. They listed one of the reasons to eating a whole chicken instead of buying popular parts like the breast of chicken was to be respectful to the chicken! I think they must have been a short content day to make that one of their top 5 reasons.
Chicken is a perfect food source for psoriasis sufferers and as long as you buy good quality chicken then it doesn’t really matter if its the whole chook or just the breast meat. With that being said, I think thee is nothing nicer than the aroma of a roasted chicken on a winter day. Brings back great memories of my childhood.
Lemon Garlic Roasting Chicken Recipe (Nightshade Free)
1 hour 30 mins
1 hour 50 mins
- 1 Chicken, Whole
- 1 Tbsp Lemon, zest, reserve lemon for stuffing
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- Thoroughly clean chicken, including the body cavity, and remove the giblets and neck.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a baking dish or roasting pan, breast side up.
- Preheat oven to roast at 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, pepper, lemon zest, and olive oil.
- Rub herb and oil mixture onto the entire chicken, including inside the body cavity.
- Cut the leftover lemon in half, and place inside the body cavity of the bird.
- Roast chicken 20–30 minutes per pound, until it has reached 170°F in the breast, and the juices run clear.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Carve and serve.
Thanks to primalpalate.com for this recipe and food.com for the image.
Find more recipes on Smart Psoriasis Diet 30 Minute Meals Recipe eBook