Nightshade Free Pork and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
I love this pork and sweet potato stew recipe as it’s a nightshade free meal option that can
- be cooked in under 30 minutes (usually when there is stew in the name, it means crock pot cooking for 8 hours!)
- perfect for making in large batches and freezing for use later in the week
Some people may not want to eat pork so simply substitute with chicken.
Pork and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
- 1 pound pork loin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 small onions, cut in wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet
- peeled and sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 package(10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In large saucepan, brown pork in oil.
- Add onions, sweet potatoes and garlic, cook 10 minutes, turning often.
- Add, salt, black pepper, vegetable broth and lime juice. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 5 minutes longer or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with green onions. If desired, serve with cooked wild, wholegrain or brown rice.