Nightshade Free Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I under utilize turkey meat even though I love it when its cooked right. It’s also economical and the meat is perfect for leftovers.
Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 cup Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 cup Baby Spinach, chopped and stems removed
- 2 cup White Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 lb Turkey Breast, boneless, skin-on
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to roast at 375°F.
- In a non stick skillet, sauté mushrooms, baby spinach, onion, garlic, and rosemary in 1 tablespoon olive until mushrooms have softened slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Carefully remove skin from turkey and set aside.
- Place turkey breast, skin side down on a large cutting board.
- Spread halves of breast apart, so the turkey breast opens like a book.
- Release thickest tenders of meat with a sharp knife so that you can open the breast more to create an even thickness of meat.
- Cover turkey breast with parchment paper and carefully pound to even thickness with a meat mallet (or cast-iron skillet like we had to resort to using).
- You want the meat to be as even as possible without damaging the breast.
- Spread stuffing over turkey and tightly roll the breast for roasting.
- Cover the stuffed breast with the reserved skin, and tie with kitchen twine in three evenly spaced intervals to keep skin in place.
- Lay stuffed breast in a roasting pan or baking dish, seam side down.
- Roast at 375°F for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until the roast has reached 175°F in the breast.
Many thanks to primalpalate.com for recipe idea and image.