Nightshade Free Sweet Potato Turkey Hash With Eggs Recipe
These nightshade free sweet potato turkey hash dish can be served up as a breakfast, lunch or dinner option.
To tell the truth, when you start to follow a psoriasis friendly diet plan, you begin to put together meal plans that can be cooked in bulk, packed up in freezer bags/containers and reheated when the time arises. Therefore having meal options that can be used for the different meal times makes your life a lot easier.
If you like big portions, then you will love this recipe. I call this the growing boy’s recipe, packed full of so much nutrients and goodness.
Nightshade free Sweet Potato Turkey Hash with Eggs Recipe
- large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound skinless, cooked turkey breast, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan; add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until potatoes are just barely tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook about 4 to 5 minutes until lightly brown.
- Add sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring 6 to 7 minutes, until sweet potatoes are crispy.
- Add remaining oil and turkey; season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Make 4 holed (3 inches each) in hash and break an egg into each hole. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until eggs are cooked to your level of satisfaction (runny or hard)
- Sprinkle with chives, parsley and additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately
Find more recipes on Smart Psoriasis Diet 30 Minute Meals Recipe eBook