Nightshade Free Treats Sun Butter Bars Recipe
This treat is not totally sugar free but it does tick a lot of the other anti – inflammatory properties that go hand in hand with sticking to a psoriasis friendly diet.
I hope you enjoy it!
Sun Butter Bars Recipe
- 1½ cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sun butter (peanut butter, almond butter, etc.)
- 1 tbs oil (canola, safflower, sunflower)
- ⅓-1/2 cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough paper to grab (about 2-inches). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and puffed rice cereal. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan (or microwave safe mixing bowl), combine sun butter, oil, and honey. Heat mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat, pour in vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Pour sun butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish and firmly press into an even layer.
- Cover and put in refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- Lift bars from dish using overhang and cut into desired shape.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 7 days… if they even last that long!
Special thanks to Emily Levenson for this great recipe and image. If you like this recipe please help me grow the blog by sharing with twitter or like on facebook!