Nightshade Free Duck Confit Recipe
There are many nutritional benefits of duck which include the following
- A great source of protein
- contains less calories than its chicken equivalent (minus the skins that is)
- provides vitamins A, B and C
- Provides essential mineral iron, selenium and calcium. These minerals are often understated when it comes to controlling your psoriasis through diet. Selenium is essential for good skin health due to its use as an antioxidant which ads the body’s immune system
Duck Confit Recipe
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 10 cloves Garlic, unpeeled
- 10 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 4 Duck Leg, skin on, bone in
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Rinse duck legs under cold water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Using a sharply pointed knife, poke small holes into the skin at an angle. These holes will allow the fat to seep out from under the skin, and make the skin crispy during cooking. Do not pierce the meat.
- Place duck legs in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and coat both sides.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and allow to sit at room temperature up to 1 hour.
- Place garlic cloves and thyme in an even layer in a baking dish just large enough to fit the duck legs.
- Brush off extra salt, and lace duck legs on top of garlic and thyme, skin side up.
- Rub the duck skin with coconut oil.
- Place the duck in the oven and heat oven to bake at 285°F.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Serve with Haricots verts.
Thanks to primal palate for this simple recipe idea.