Nightshade Free Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
The final outcome of this recipe is a mash that has lots of flavour and you will never want normal potatoes again after this. Please be warned there is unsalted butter in this recipe so you can replace with some extra virgin olive oil or ghee if required. You will find that this once avoided vegetable will now become one of your staple food items from now on!
Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head Cauliflower, washed, and cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in a large soup pot, season with salt and pepper, and steam until soft (about 10–12 minutes, test with a fork).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of pasture butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and herbs until onion is translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Place steamed cauliflower into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the sautéed onion, garlic, and herbs, along with the second tablespoon of butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, or a sprinkling of fresh ground pepper.
This recipe is a tab bit more difficult to prepare compared to other recipes I have included but you will love the outcome. Thanks to primalpalate.com for the recipe idea and bakerbettie for the image.